Skip to main content

We’ve updated our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy. By using this site, you agree to these terms.

Frequently asked questions

Do you accept insurance?
Yes, Marworth is in network with many insurance companies and managed care organizations. Call our Admissions department, 800-442-7722 to find out more.

What are the qualifications of your alcohol and chemical treatment specialists?
Refer to our staff page for profiles on our team of alcohol and chemical dependency treatment experts. Marworth is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health Office of Drug and Alcohol Programs and is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. In addition, Marworth is an entity of the Geisinger Health System, one of the nation’s largest integrated health services organizations, serving more than two million residents throughout central and northeastern Pennsylvania

How do I get started?
Call 800-442-7722 to find out how you or a loved one can enroll in one of our inpatient or outpatient alcohol and chemical dependency programs, or ask your physician for a referral. Referrals can also come from a family member, employer, or community organization. Our team of experts determines the appropriate course of treatment, intensity of treatment and length of stay that will be necessary for a successful outcome. All aspects of treatment are scheduled in our beautiful, relaxing environment.

Where is Marworth located?
The Marworth Alcohol and Chemical Dependency Treatment Center is nestled in the rolling hills of northeastern Pennsylvania. Having served as the family estate of a former Pennsylvania governor, the facility and its surroundings promote dignity, respect, and serenity…environmental essentials for successful alcohol and chemical dependency treatment. We are also conveniently located near several interstate highways and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport. See our directions page.

Will I lose time from work?
At Marworth, we understand our patients need to continue to work in order to maintain a living. We work will all parties to develop an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment plan that will ensure a smooth transition from rehab to recovery and back to work. How much time is needed away from work will depend on the individual and his or her unique treatment needs. Because Marworth specializes in treating drug and alcohol addiction among professionals in the healthcare and other professional fields, many of our referrals come from employers. In most cases, employees who were dealing with addiction were still productive in the workplace. Successful addiction treatment can preserve and even enhance careers.

How long do I have to be a resident at Marworth?
The length of your stay at Marworth will depend on the severity of your addiction and proposed treatment program. Some patients have stayed with us for a few weeks, others for a month or more. Our treatment programs are individualized; therefore, our medical staff performs a thorough assessment of your condition that will help us determine your length of stay.

Do you offer an outpatient program?
Yes, Marworth’s Outpatient Program is designed for adults who require intensive treatment without hospitalization. We also offer the Day Treatment Program that is designed for adults requiring intensive treatment with partial hospitalization. The Evening Treatment Program offers another option that may be more convenient for adults requiring intensive treatment and partial hospitalization.

What is the role of the Marworth physician?
A Marworth physician will oversee the development and implementation of your addiction treatment plan. It is the physician’s assessment that will determine the direction your addiction treatment will take. Although the physician may not meet with you everyday, he or she will always be active in your recovery process and addiction treatment protocols.

Can I get my medical records from my treatment program at Marworth released to my current healthcare provider?
Yes. With your consent, we can send a copy of your medical records to your primary care physician or other healthcare provider after you leave Marworth. Click to download the Authorization for Release of Information form. Follow the instructions below to complete and submit the form. We require the original signature of the patient, and all sections checked or filled in appropriately on the release. The sections include:

  • Name, date of birth, and social security number (top right corner)
  • Person and/or organization receiving information with the address phone number and fax number (if appropriate)
  • What information is to be released (please be specific)
  • Time period from where the records are being taken from; mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy
  • Purpose of disclosure
  • Method of release
  • Patient signature and date
  • Witness signature and date

No information will be released unless the form is filled out in its entirety and considered to be valid. Invalid release forms will be returned and patient will be asked to complete a new release form. Return original release to:

Medical Records Department
P.O. Box 36
Waverly, PA 18471.

We will begin the transaction immediately upon receipt of proper authorization. We do bill for our services when applicable. Records are retained for a period of seven years from the date of discharge. If you have further questions, call us at 570-563-1112 or 1-800-442-7722. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Will I continue to receive current treatments and medications?
Our alcohol and drug rehabilitation programs provide support and care for such conditions as depression and anxiety. We make it our goal to ensure you never have to use an addictive substance again, and that you complete your addiction treatment with the ability to cope, deal, and manage other issues in your life.

Is there time for recreational activities?
At Marworth, we encourage our patients to lead an active lifestyle and take part in recreational activities. Our staff can recommend an activity and/or exercise programs that are appropriate for you.

What can I bring with me?
The way you dress can reflect your attitude about your addiction recovery. We would like you to bring with you comfortable, casual clothing, but not too casual. Electronic devices, such as televisions, iPods, and video games, are not permitted. See our what to pack page for additional information on packing and dress code.

Will I be able to visit with my family?
We encourage loved ones to be involved in the individual’s healing process. Alcohol and chemical addiction can oftentimes be referred to as a disease fostered by isolation; therefore, we encourage active family participation in the addiction treatment and recovery process. Our therapists will provide opportunities for our patients and their families to visit and strengthen their relationships. Learn more about Marworth's Family Programs.

Call Marworth at 800-442-7722 to speak with an admissions counselor. You can enroll in a substance use recovery program yourself or refer someone else for treatment. Many people are referred to Marworth by a family member, family doctor, therapist, employer, employee assistance program, insurance provider, clergy, community organization or another drug and alcohol center.

Content from General Links with modal content