Your road to recovery starts here
Addiction treatment in northeast PA
Medication-assisted treatment for addiction recovery
Addiction is a curable disease. But, if left untreated, it can worsen over time or lead to a relapse after you’ve become sober. Medication-assisted treatment can help.
What is medication-assisted treatment?
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT), also referred to as "medications for addiction treatment," is an effective way to overcome drug and alcohol addiction. MAT focuses on treating the whole person, not just symptoms, and aims to ease the transition off a substance and reduce the likelihood of an overdose.
Medication-assisted treatment can help treat addictions to:
- Fentanyl (Duragesic, Fentora)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet, Norco, Zohydro)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Exalgo)
- Methadone (Dolophine)
- Morphine (Kadian, Avinza, MS Contin)
- Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percodan, Percocet)
- Oxymorphone (Opana)
Medication-assisted treatment for long-term recovery
Through the use of FDA-approved medications, such as buprenorphine and naltrexone, we’ve helped many people overcome addiction. Typically offered in combination with counseling or behavioral therapy, MAT can be an effective (and safe) tool for helping you maintain your sobriety.
As with any medication or treatment, MAT may not be appropriate for everyone. That’s why our medical team will work closely with you to determine if medication-assisted treatment is right for you.
No matter your treatment plan, we’ll educate you on craving and relapse prevention and provide a safe space if you’re concerned about, or experience, a relapse in your recovery.
Our team is compassionate, discreet and experienced. In our MAT program, you’ll receive:
- Medications to reduce cravings
- Coordination with concurrent therapy
- Outpatient drug and alcohol counseling
- Weekly and monthly appointments
- Family support
Frequently asked questions
The use of medication, in conjunction with counseling or behavioral therapy, can help people overcome addiction and maintain sobriety.
MAT can help you overcome active addiction, allowing you to focus on your health, well-being and recovery.
Addiction treatment at Geisinger Marworth
The Geisinger Marworth team has helped countless people recover from addictions. No matter what your situation may be, we’re here for you with:
- Compassionate, confidential care – More than 40,000 individuals have turned to Geisinger Marworth for help with drug and alcohol addiction. With counselors available 24/7, we focus on treating the whole person — not just the symptoms of addiction. That’s why you’ll find a variety of treatments, including recreational therapy, medication-assisted therapy and more.
- Leading-edge therapies – We offer many paths to help you achieve long-lasting recovery. Overcoming alcohol or drug addiction is possible. Everyone’s journey is unique, which is why we offer a wide range of specialized services and treatments. You’ll find treatment programs in clinics and hospitals throughout our region, so you can receive support close to home.
- Medication-assisted recovery – With the help of FDA-approved medication, we can help you manage cravings while reducing your risk of overdose. But your treatment doesn’t stop there. Along with counseling or behavioral therapy, we’ll create a custom treatment plan that may include additional therapies like, recreational therapy, acupuncture or expressive therapy.
- Backed by healthcare system – As part of the Geisinger health system, locations throughout northeast, central and south-central Pennsylvania mean you don’t have to travel far to get the care and help you need. For inpatient or outpatient addiction treatment, find an addiction treatment center that’s close to you by calling 800-442-7722.
- Four convenient locations – If you live in NEPA or central Pennsylvania, we have a clinic near you. And we accept most major insurance plans, including Geisinger Health Plan. If you don’t have insurance, we can help you enroll in the state’s Medicaid program.