A message for our patients and referring providers:
Geisinger Marworth continues to monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 in our community and follow guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, Geisinger Marworth has adjusted its internal procedures and admissions process to keep patients and staff members safe:
- All new patients are tested upon day of admission.
- New admissions are isolated from the treatment community until their initial negative test result comes back.
- All patients and staff members are required to wear masks, which are provided at Marworth.
COVID-19 testing is completed in-house and results are returned within 24 hours. Our team has worked in partnership with Geisinger Addiction Medicine and Infectious Disease specialists to develop the following protocols related to COVID-19:
- Patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are asymptomatic must wait 10 days from their positive test date to come into treatment.
- Patients who tested positive and are symptomatic must wait 10 days from the onset of symptoms if symptoms began post-positive test. If symptoms began prior to their positive test, they must wait 10 days from their last positive test date.
- Patients must be symptom-free upon their admission to Marworth.
- Anyone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19 will be asked to send record of their positive test result prior to admission at Marworth.
Admitted patients will be discharged from Marworth to continuing care if they test positive for COVID-19 at any point during their stay.
- Marworth is not responsible for transporting COVID-positive patients home.
- Symptomatic patients who require acute medical care will be transferred to the nearest hospital, Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- Patients will be eligible for readmission to Marworth after they quarantine in alignment with the guidance outlined above.
If you have questions about our current COVID-19 policies and procedures, please call Marworth at 800-442-7722 and select Option 1 for our team of Admission Counselors.
Geisinger Marworth will continue to evaluate these protocols as CDC, PA DOH, and Geisinger best practices continue to evolve. We thank you for your understanding and support as we work to keep our patients, staff, and community safe.