Coronavirus (COVID-19) advisory
A message for our referring providers:
With the widespread concerns about the coronavirus-caused illness COVID-19, we’d like to reassure you that Geisinger is always prepared to handle any public health concern, and that remains true for this instance. We continue to monitor the novel coronavirus situation and follow guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
Part of that preparedness is being here for our partners to provide care for your patients. To reduce the spread of COVID-19 infection among our patients and staff, Geisinger Marworth has made adjustments to our internal procedures and our admissions' process, including:
- We are handling new admissions on a case-by-case basis following guidance from the CDC and PA DOH.
- We’re managing our capacity to provide single-occupancy residential rooms in the facility for infection control purposes.
- Temporarily suspending after-hours admissions will allow for a full review by the medical team. All approved admissions must arrive at the facility prior to 3 p.m.
- We have added mealtimes to allow for only two patients per dining table.
- Our group therapy sessions, recreation therapy and other activities have been reduced to 10 participants or less.
- Limited staff will be on the grounds each day. All departments have been split and rotate being on site. This limits the potential for exposure while continuing to provide services and quality of care.
- We have temporarily suspended transportation. All new admissions must be accompanied by a family member, friend, employer or other companion, who will be asked to remain until the patient has been medically cleared for admission. We will still provide transportation home for patients who are routine discharges.
As an integral part of Geisinger, Geisinger Marworth can leverage the
resources and expertise of the organization, should your patient have
any respiratory illness symptoms or have contact with someone who does.
Geisinger has the equipment needed to protect our health while treating
patients who may have COVID-19 — and to prevent further spread of the
virus. And we have developed our own test for COVID-19 to make testing
more easily and quickly available in our communities.
As always, Geisinger is here as a partner to assist you in providing the best care for your patients.
Updates and hospital visitationVisit our frequently asked questions (FAQs) page
See our updated visitation policy