Coronavirus (COVID-19) advisory
A message for our referring providers:
We continue to monitor the novel coronavirus situation and follow guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) Geisinger Marworth is now equipped to provide COVID-19 testing for all new admissions. This highly sensitive test, which is FDA-approved for use among asymptomatic individuals, helps Geisinger Marworth remain an extremely safe environment for patients and staff.
Part of that preparedness is being here for our partners to provide care for your patients. To reduce the spread of COVID-19 infection among our patients and staff, Geisinger Marworth has made adjustments to our internal procedures and our admissions' process, including:
- Providing surveillance COVID-19 testing for all new admissions.
- Housing new admissions initially in private rooms. When someone receives a negative COVID-19 test, they will join the general treatment community.
- Requiring that everyone wear masks at Geisinger Marworth, which will be provided.
- Modifying our facilities, mealtimes and other group activities to mitigate high-risk interactions. This includes managing group sizes to the smallest size possible and maintaining masking and physical distancing at all times within the facility.
As an integral part of Geisinger, Geisinger Marworth can leverage the resources and expertise of the organization, should your patient have any respiratory illness symptoms or have contact with someone who does.
Geisinger has the equipment needed to protect our health while treating patients who may have COVID-19 — and to prevent further spread of the virus. We have access to the latest and highest quality testing for COVID-19 and we complete these tests in-house, returning results within 24 to 36 hours.
Working with Geisinger addiction medicine and infectious disease specialists, we’ve developed these protocols for managing confirmed COVID19-positive patients:
- Confirmed-positive patients must wait 20 days after their symptoms resolve before they’re eligible for admission to Marworth. Asymptomatic patients must wait 20 days after their last positive test before they’re eligible for admission.
- Patients must provide results of their positive test before they can be admitted.
- Currently admitted patients who test positive for COVID-19 will be discharged to continuing care as soon as it’s safe and practical.
- Geisinger Marworth isn’t responsible for transporting COVID-positive patients home. They need to rely on family or other resources.
- Geisinger Marworth will make every effort to support continuing care, including use of telemedicine.
- Symptomatic patients who need acute medical care will be transferred to the nearest hospital, Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania.Patients who’ve been discharged from Marworth because they’re COVID-positive will be eligible for readmission after they quarantine.
- Patients who’ve been discharged from Marworth because they’re COVID-positive will be eligible for readmission after they quarantine.
We’re always working to keep our staff, patients and the community safe, so these protocols may change as best practices evolve.
As always, Geisinger is here as a partner to assist you in providing the best care for your patients.